TIPS AND TECHNIQUES

Saturday, June 21, 2014

FISHY FISHY

Well last night didn't go exactly as planned..then again when do things really go "Exactly" as planned?  Life happens and it was just June and I.  I saw a couple "Fish cards" on Pintrest and when I found out she had the stamp set...well how could we possibly resist C.A.S.E.ing a couple cards???  I emailed her the images and she liked the idea.  One problem I really have to work on is Pinning peoples cards so I know who did them and what they used if they provide that info but me staying true to form didn't do that again so here we spent a bit of time trying to decide what the measurements for these cards should be.  First one up was relatively simple enough.  My only gripe is the fussy cutting of the sea weed.  Lucky me, June is a fast cutter and she cut 1 of mine out.  We used these stickers from Ecraftdesigns.com  for the fish.   They are just called Peel Off Stickers.  I had never used these type of stickers before and I really loved the result.  We placed them on glitter paper and then used markers to color them in.  The card is a basic 4.25 x 5.5.  We used I believe Pumpkin Pie for the card base and for the 2x4.25 band, So Saffron for the 3" circle and Coastal Cabana for the 4 1/8 x 5.25 mat all of which were Stampin Up papers.




Card # 2 was a basic 4.25 x 5.5 Tent card.  We wrote down the measurements which I will give at a later date.  We intend to re-make this card at an upcoming gathering.  We used the stamp set "Fishing for Details" from the Rubber Cafe.  They have alot of cute stamps over there.  I think you'll like browsing their site Rubbercafe.com
As you can see we used the same Pumpkin color for the card base.  We through in another fish from the "Very Punny" Stampin up set.  I thought it turned out cute only after I added some sparkle and Bling bubbles otherwise the card looks kind of flat.  we also highlighted very slightly the edges of each white square with "Brown Sugar" ink pad from Stampin up.
This card looks much duller than it actually is.  The lighting inside is not the greatest today since it's pretty gloomy out there.

Card #3.  June just got a new "Flip it "die so of course we needed to play with this too.  Cute, simple but there is not much room inside to write anything if you don't want it to show when you close the card.  I think we are both going to watch a few more Stephanie Barnard videos and get a better grasp on how to use these dies more efficiently. 


Well that's it for now.  I will try to slip in 1 more posting before Monday when I'm off for a bit of a Hiatis.  Until then.....

HAPPY CARDING


No comments:

Post a Comment