TIPS AND TECHNIQUES

Sunday, July 13, 2014

Asian Screen Card

Crusin' through the Internet again and saw a screen card on Pintrest.  I clicked it and it took me to Vicki Y's blog.  She had written basic directions which were super easy to follow.  You start with an 8 1/2 x 11 sheet of card stock.   I used heavy 110lb cream stock from Recollections that I bought at Michael's.  Not the normal $3.99 packs that are always on sale at least once a month but the $12.99 packs.  Usually never on sale so you can use you 40% off coupon.  Score at:    2.75     5.5    8.25

Do not fold yet.   Punch across the top with a border punch.  Any border punch will do,  I think all border punches can create a beautiful top.  More fancy and lacy punches for elegant wedding cards or more simple zig zag punches or bubble punches for a more fun birthday type card.

After the top is punched its time to crease your folds.  You need to do this so you can center your label punch for the bottom.  Center your 2" or 2.5 inch label punch in each section of the screen.  Line the paper only halfway into the punch and "punch.  Once done in all 4 sections the bottom will resemble feet.   "Waaayyyy Cool"!

Now decorate!  Each panel has a solid mat and a printed DSP mat.  Cut 4 pieces solid card stock at 2.5 x 6.75 and 4 pieces DSP at   2  3/8  x  6  5/8.  Adhere DSP to solid mat and then adhere to Screen card.  Each panel can then be stamped with choice of stamps and sentiments depending on what type of card you will use it as.  Add Bling!!!  This card will fit into a regular business size envelope.


TADA!!  I'm using mine as a birthday card.  I showed my group of ladies that I meet with how to do this and one of them is using the card as a wedding card.  Just goes to show you that if you choose your words wisely a card can have multiple uses.  This card exactly as it is can be sent as a Birthday, Wedding, Congratulations, or a just thinking of you card.  

Have fun with this card.  I know I'm going to be making quite a few more to keep on hand.

HAPPY CARDING!




1 comment: