TIPS AND TECHNIQUES

Thursday, August 14, 2014

What kind of fold is that?

Good day everyone!  It has been so crazy here.  The kids around here have gone back to school and my husband and I are back into our routine of taking care of our 3yr old grandson and picking up our 1st grader granddaughter.  My daughter-in-law works for the school dist. so she had the summer off and so did we, but now it's back to the school year routine.  Before I could get back into my cards there was jam making to be done.  Our summer home is located in "CHERRY" country.  With such chilly weather and lots of rains the cherries, which normally seem to be out the mid to end of July, were popping out the end of July to beginning August.  Every year I put up Jams and sauces to give out at Christmas time.  So for the last 2 weeks my husband and I have made "Cherry jalapeno sauce, Cherry mango jam, Sweetart Jam(using sweet and tart cherries)and Cherry rhubarb jam.  Earlier this summer I was also making "Garlic Scape Pestos" that I froze for future use in the winter months.  Soon it will be "Garlic" harvesting time.


here's the front
And the inside
Ok enough of that!!!  On to CARDS!!!  Today's was seen on Splitcoast Stamper.  This woman posted it as a SWAP she did.  She said it was alot of work but that the outcome was worth it.  Her only tutorial was written in the comment part of her post.  So I copied/pasted and dug out some paper.

Cute cute cute.  Now I just used some green card stock from Joann's cut 8 1/2 x 5.5 and then the mat was early espresso.  The card is a regular 4.25 x 5.5 size.  The mat could have been made bigger but I was layering with a piece of handmade watercolor background paper and I didn't have huge pieces left.  A brown sheer ribbon and some twine finished off the card front.  Inside you have a separate piece of card stock that was accordion folded and glued inside the card. 7 pieces of espresso were cute into 2" squares and layered with 1.75" watercolored paper.  I just did random stamping using "Measure of the life" stamp set and some misc. word stamps for Happy Birthday and Just for you.  I'll upload a top over view so you can see how to adhere these squares. Below is your template....actually super simple.


I bet this would look really cute as a Christmas card!  Think I'll try that next.  I also think this card fold needs a name besides swap card.  Any ideas??  Maybe it should be called "Mariiam's" fold? I've tried contacting her but her profile says there hasn't been any activity since 2006.  So we'll see if she ever gets back to me.

And here is a top overview of the inside.










You can see original here:  


http://www.splitcoaststampers.com/gallery/photo/374988#ixzz39QanXGun







No comments:

Post a Comment