TIPS AND TECHNIQUES

Thursday, September 11, 2014

SIMPLY HALLOWEEN

Hi everyone!  Things have settled down here a bit so it's time for another 2 Halloween cards!  This time we are talking simple, simple, simple!  Sometimes there is a need to whip something up with very limited supplies.  Not all of us have alot at our disposal (I'm a hoarder! LOL).  So I was thinking simple but "cute".



So the first one is pretty easy and if you don't have a hexagon punch you could use circles or squares.  I used the hexagons mainly because I got this new embossing folder and want to see how may different cards I can use this design with.
I used the chicken wire embossing folder on the purple matt and then put a little Halloween ribbon about 1/3 of the way down.  Then evenly spaced 3 hexagons over the ribbon and pop dotted another smaller hexagon over those.  I just used Halloween stickers in the center of each hexagon.  Happy Halloween is an Ink-adink-ado stamp.

The second one is just as easy.  And no punches needed!!!  The 3 black ghosts were made by using a scallop corner rounder on a strip of 3/4 x 2 3/4 inch strip of black card stock.  

This can also be done with just a corner rounder too with just having round edges instead of scalloped.  Eyebrows were drawn on with silver gel pen and pearls were used for the eyes.  I stamped Boo and then stamped Spooky twice.  Any Halloween word stamps can be used these just happen to be what I have.  Glued down some ribbon and tied a bow!  This might look cute with googly eyes too!  Orrrrr....maybe googly eyes in the O's of spooky!  Hmmmmmm....Maybe I need to make another!
Hope you enjoyed the Simple Simple but Cute cards!

HAPPY CARDING!!






  

No comments:

Post a Comment