TIPS AND TECHNIQUES

Wednesday, January 28, 2015

Holiday Pack From Michaels

Valentines Valentines Valentines!!!!  Time to start thinking! only 2 weeks til the big day.  

I don't send out many valentines but I do give one to my lovely husband and my dear children and Grandchildren so I do need a couple.  My granddaughter also like making her valentines and I was quite impressed with this years selection for all her classmates.  Its a Kitty face made out of a 4.5" heart.  The bow was made from a animal print pack from a Michael's Recollections pack....So cute and she had to make 28 of them!  So proud of my little 1st grader girls enthusiasm to craft.

I had decided to make my first Valentine a simple one using this years holiday pack from the Recollections line at Michael's.  Such awesome prints this year.  
Michael's had these on sale when I bought them so I was able to get them 5 packs for $10.  Now I don't really care to use the Recollection line for my base card.  I find the weight just not right for me so I used whisper white from Stampin up as my base.  Though I guess you could use the pink as the base if you don't have any other white or if you don't mind the Recollections weight.  I'm just pretty picky so please do what you are comfortable with and the card will look just fine.   My base card is 6.5 x 5.    I then used the solid red from the pack on the lower right as my next layer measuring 6.25 x 4.75.  The banners are next and were cut 1" wide.  The length I just eyeballed and cut what looked good to me.  Unfortunately I glued everything down and forgot to measure those but I'd guess 3 of them are 3.75" long and 2 are 3.5".  The stripe paper was from the pack on the top.  The hearts were punched out with a Martha Stewart heart punch from the heart paper in bottom right pack.  So nice that they are interchangeable.  Anyway the hearts are added with dimensionals.  The top banner is the solid red cut 4.75" x 1" and I used a border punch.  Any border punch would probably do.  I attached a 1/2" x 4.5" whisper white (or you can use the pink from pack on right) that I had stamped my Hugs and Kisses.  Add a little Bling and done.  Super easy!
I really want to come up with something for the black chalk pack next.  I love that paper!

Well I think I'm back on track so stay tune for more valentines!

HAPPY CARDING!!!!!





















No comments:

Post a Comment