Anyway there were 3 sample cards and of course she wants to make all three and she wanted me to make the same ones so here we go redesigning the cards just a wee bit so that we could get 2 cards out of each pattern. She did an excellent job for 6 yrs of age. This is what we came up with:
|these 2 are mine|
|these 2 are my granddaughters|
|and the left is mine, right is hers|
I used a Victorian 6x6 paper pack I got at Hobby Lobby and some gold Bazzil card stock for the mats. The card is 5.5 x 5.5. I cut a 2" heart from my Cricut and embossed it and then rubbed a little gold ink over the top. The white circle is actually the garbage piece from when I was die cutting a red circle earlier. If you use wax paper between your die and the card stock the card stock releases much easier from more intricate dies. Well I had it laying around and figured it was similar to using vellum so why not? I thought it worked out well. So well in fact that I deliberately cut a 1" circle from the wax paper to put behind the button in the upper right corner. No idea who is getting this card. Maybe I'll just keep it in my stash. Because after all we all need to keep saving things!!! LOL
And finally....so not to be out done by his sister My grandson added his personal touch to his preschool valentines. He watercolored paper "willy nilly" and then I cut some hearts from his paintings, cut a few red ones for background and he glued his little heart out! No pun intended...heeheehee. He to did a great job!
Well its off to the Nursing home to do our Craft therapy with the residents. And of course... we are making VALENTINES!!!!
Happy Valentines Day to all and til next time......