TIPS AND TECHNIQUES

Wednesday, February 11, 2015

Valentines Day Whooo do you Love

Valentines day is just around the corner and I've made a couple cards for the grandkids and my grand nieces.  I posted the Monkey card earlier from my Friday night gathering but I'm posting it again with a second one that is similar.  Then I cased a card I saw on Pinterest by http://thequeensscene.blogspot.com/2011/01/whooo-loves-ya.html.  I LOVE OWLS! This was from 2011 and I just thought it was so cute.  Also I hadn't given June back her Owl punch yet (oops...heehee) so it was like a "Sign" that I make this card!

  The top photo Owl card is a 5.5 x 5.5.  I used a 6x6 paper pack and ribbon from Michaels.  I used googlie eyes on this one instead of the paper punch pieces from the owl punch which is from Stampin Up.   The card next to it is a regular A2 card 4.25 x 5.5  The Monkey paper and stickers were given to me by a fellow stamper and I do not know where the paper came from but the stickers I believe she got a Hobby Lobby.  The hearts were cut from the Cricut and the gold paper is the Waffle paper Stampin Up use to carry.  It is no longer available.

  The bottom photo Owl card is also 5.5 x 5.5 and the paper used there was from a 6x6 paper pack that I believe I got last year.  I just used a tiny scrap of the ribbon from the first card so to make it look like it had a ribbon I cut a border from the Martha Stewart heart border punch. I omitted googlie eyes and just used punch pieces from the Owl punch.  On the Monkey Card I had to omit the Waffle paper since I didn't have any so instead I just hash lined the hearts.  I think I should have put a doily behind it but maybe I will for the next one I make.  

  I still need 2 more Valentines so I guess it's back to the drawing board!  I guess I better hurry up too because as soon as June see's this post she's going to want her Owl back!  LOL

Til Later

HAPPY CARDING
(by the way I gave my dear friend back her owl punch last night :(  Will have to borrow it again for tulips!)

No comments:

Post a Comment