TIPS AND TECHNIQUES

Sunday, March 29, 2015

CALLING ALL THANK YOU'S!

Hello everyone....This card happened by accident.  A friend of mine has a son getting married and she made all the invites.  They turned out beautiful and look so elegant.  As an added bonus, she decided to take the remaining papers and make her soon to be daughter in law some thank you note cards.  Such a great idea!  I did this too for my niece.  I made all the shower invites and then presented her with similar thank you cards.  She absolutely loved it and it was one less thing for her to think about.  Anyway.................my friend is in need of a thank you stamp.  She has in her head what she would like to have and asked a few of us if we had anything close.  So far I'm not sure how that task is going, but on my end I gathered all (ok most..can't believe how many I actually had) the thank you stamps I had and stamped them on a piece of 4.25 x 5.5" card stock so that she could see the size compared to the card.  I emailed her these 3 sheets to see if any of my thank you's would work for her.


After I sent the email I sat back looking at the papers and thought "Hey why not use them?"  After all it is on card stock.  If I gather some color stock, some ribbons and bling.......it just may make a cute card.  Now believe it or not the card stock above is actually white.  One of these days I'll figure out the photographing of these cards so that the color looks right.  Any way...here's what I came up with.
























Both cards are 4.25 x 5.5.  The left one I just stamped over the Thankyou's with butterflies and flowers.  That is the only layer on that card except for the bling in the flower centers and butterfly heads. (You really didn't think I would omit the bling layer did you?)  LOL.  The second card has a few layers.  that ribbon is pretty unique.  I found it at Michael's in their dollar bin.  It has no name on the reel but it did come in purple, pink, white, black and green.  When I bought it I had no idea what I was going to use it for.  There is only 3 yards on a reel so I will be using it sparingly.  I had to use a spray adhesive to adhere it to the card.
Since I was in the Thank you mode......I created a no layer thank you card for our group to make on Friday.  One of the other ladies also needs quick thank you cards to have on hand and this one is EASY!!!


I masked off the Thank you area with post it notes and stamped the top and bottom with that same flower stamp set and bright fun colors.  To define the Thank you area I used my score board and just made score lines.  Add a little bling to the card and done.  
Well lets see what else I can do in the easy department!  LOL  Till next time.....

HAPPY CARDING!!




1 comment:

  1. Very clever to make cards from your page of sample sentiments!

    ReplyDelete