TIPS AND TECHNIQUES

Sunday, April 26, 2015

Box Card Grad

I can't believe it's nearing the end of April and we are still having lows in the 30's  I wish Spring would just get back here and stay!!  Yet even with the chilly weather we are still having allergy issues here.  Itchy, watery eyes and sneezing like crazy.  Tree pollen was really high the other day too...yet we go to bed at night and it gets down to around freezing.  It's just crazy!!
Today's card is for a lovely 8th grade graduate.  She is so excited to be starting High School this coming fall.
I've been C.A.S.E.ing alot of cards lately because I'm really liking these fancy fold cards and Pinterest is full of them!  From what I see I could be C.A.S.E.ing everyday for a year!  LOL
This one is a spring card/valentine's day card that Dawn made.  Her tutorial can be found HERE 







 On the left it is closed and held together with a belly band.  On the right it's opened.  There can be cash or a gift card tucked inside and it still lays flat for mailing in a regular envelope!!!




I must say that a good idea is if you have the Stampin Up Score Board with the diagonal plate.  I have a Martha Stewart Score Board and altho I always thought it was just like Stampin Up's,  mine doesn't come with a diagonal plate.  The diagonal scores on the box card can be made without the Stampin up board...it's just a bit more difficult... but do-able.
The papers I used were scraps from the other Graduation cards and I still have scraps left so I think I'll make another fancy fold card for later.

Well til next time....Keep warm and pray for REAL SPRING to come.

HAPPY CARDING!!

No comments:

Post a Comment