TIPS AND TECHNIQUES

Sunday, May 24, 2015

Embossed Christmas

First of all I have to totally laugh at myself!  Here I had spent a beautiful weekend last week at my favorite stamp store, bought a few new Christmas stamps and thought I was motivated enough to use one right away.  After all I had 4 free days until I got together with my ladies group and I wanted to be sure I had a new Christmas card to show them and have all elements cut out for them to create one too. But...............noooooo..................I fall back on an easy easy card instead.  After bringing all my treasure's to my craft room I started looking at a bunch of other stuff I already had.  For instance and box just filled to capacity of Embossing folders.  I do use them but not as often as I should and there are so many ways to make super quick cards using them.  So instead of using one of my newer stamps I decided to try using more of what I already had.  I chose this Nordic Sweater embossing folder I got last year.  I think I got it on ebay.  I also had this small roll of ribbon with words already on it and I almost never use ribbons like this even though I must have at least 20 different rolls of them.  This card is the typical 4.24 x 5.5  the embossed area is white card 4  1/8" x 5  3/8"
Add some ribbon and some bling!

The snowflake is one I cut from a med Sizzix die.  I then sprayed with a spray adhesive and sprinkled glitter.  I just thought the card needed a bit of glittering!  I'm going to make a couple more easy cards using only and emboss folder and some embellies.  I'll post those later.
Hope everyone enjoys their Memorial Day weekend!!  My heart goes out to all that have served in the Military and their families.
Till later..................................

HAPPY CARDING!!!

4 comments:

  1. Beautiful CAS design- and loving the embossing folder you used and the ribbon with the sentiment on it. The bling adds such a great touch too- I just love that embossing folder!

    ReplyDelete
  2. What a beautiful embossing folder. Great card.

    ReplyDelete