TIPS AND TECHNIQUES

Saturday, August 22, 2015

A Horizontal Christmas

Good Morning to you all!  I'm having an exciting day meeting up with my Lady friends for a day of shopping at the Expo.  Can't wait to see all the new products out there to include in my cardmaking!  It's going to be a fun day!
Here's another Christmas card.  Sometimes we see some busy paper and think.....wow.....what am I going to do with that?  I absolutely loved this paper but I too wasn't sure what I was going to do or how I could make it work since every piece you cut out would look entirely different from the rest.  What really helped is that since I'm at my summer home and I only brought 3 main solid colors to work with and some basic black, white, and cream It made it a lot easier.  First I decided the horizontal pattern would be on the bottom and I found the least busy sheet of pattern paper from the Christmas pack from Hobby Lobby for the top.
I did the same pleat on the bottom as I did on my previous post "A Little Ruffle Christmas".  I used black cardstock for the base.  I used very little embellishment due to the business of the paper.  The only regret is that the back of this paper is white and I should have inked it with some Tim Holtz corduroy ink so it wasn't so bright.  Well maybe next time.  I am sure I will be making alot of these cards due to the simplicity.
I'm going to be working on another new fold next.  Can't wait to see how it all goes together so check back in a few days for a very cute birthday card.

Til later
HAPPY CARDING

1 comment:

  1. Such a fun group of cards. I like the DP you used. So, what expo did you go to? I was at one in Schaumberg Ill. last weekend, and I found a little too much good stuff.......

    ReplyDelete