TIPS AND TECHNIQUES

Saturday, August 1, 2015

IT'S CHRISTMAS!!!

Do you have your Christmas cards started?? That is exactly what I have been doing these last few weeks so the next few posts are going to be Holiday card inspirations!  Are you excited?  I sure was as I made each and every one of them.  It's going to be a great feeling to get them all done before Halloween this year.   Soooooo......lets get started!
For all these cards in the next couple of posts I used limited supplies.  The color pallet for all was Crumb Cake and Cherry Cobbler from Stampin Up, Hunter green from Bazzil, White, cream, and black 110# Recollection card stock for bases from Michaels as well as Kraft cardstock and A Holiday paper pack from Hobby Lobby.
 First up.....Tree Tag Card.  This card is super cute and Easy!
On this one I actually used the Crumb Cake stock for the card base and stamped and embossed white snowflakes all over the front of the card.  Apiece of Cherry Cobbler was cut at 3  7/8 x 3" with the top being cut on an angle.  Then a piece of Crumb Cake was cut at 
2  3/4 x 3".  I cut that into a tag stamped and embossed 2 trees and tied a ribbon on top.

Next up had similar color combo.  This time I used Kraft paper for the base.  I cut a 3 x 4 piece of pattern paper for the bottom.  The 2 swirls were die cuts from Kraft paper and embossed with gold embossing powder.  I also die cut out a holly leaf cluster.
Merry Christmas was stamped in gold and embossed on the top.  I added a little Glossy accents over the berries just for some shimmer.
Well that's 2 and I still have more but I have things to do so stay tuned and I'll have another post for you soon.

Till then..............
Happy Carding!!!










1 comment:

  1. Loving your Holiday cards- and WOW- you are so good to get them going NOW....I always seem to get to the last minute and staying up half of the night making them.

    ReplyDelete