I've been trying to put together simple flowers for the nursing home card class. Their supplies are limited but one lady in particular wants to be able to make some on her own for the cards she makes for family. I punched out a bunch of flowers from scraps I've had and even used some colorful calendars that have just been laying around. Sometimes those calendars have some awesome colors on them and can make quite pretty flowers. But........trying to keep these flowers from looking flat is another chore in itself! So I layered a few but sadly they looked like flat paper flowers in a pile. NOT what I was looking for. So next I curled the petals. Better but.......I still wasn't pleased. Yes I AM HARD TO PLEASE!!! They need a center of some sort. A button?? Sure but where are they going to find extra buttons? It's not like they are going out to Hobby Lobby when they need something. Plus there's the choke hazard. Some of the wondering residents could pick up a fallen button or bead. Tried a little glitter glue which works ok but then I will have to purchase glitter glue for everyone. So I decided to take a break...step back...and look at what I had already done to see if anything "Hits me".
Hmmmmmmmmmmmmmmm.........................................................Nope! I would prefer the flowers be more 3D so I tried simplifying a 3d flower but it's hard to simplify and I still don't think they could even do this.
I think its too much manipulating. Sooooo I think we will stick with layering but keeping flat.
I'm sure the cards will turn out fine that I have decided to do with them. So stay tune for the card reveal.
Til Next time.......