TIPS AND TECHNIQUES

Friday, April 8, 2016

Hop Right To It

A simply adorable, easy card using the circle flip it card die by Stephanie Barnard.  I needed 2 Birthday cards for 2 very special Grand-nieces who just so happened to have been born on the same day 2 years apart.  The first turns 7 and the second turns 5!  Oh my where has the time gone.  I had found some "Froggy" 3D stickers about 2 years ago at the Dollar Tree up in Wisconsin.  I bought them simply because they were cute and I had no idea when or how I was going to use them.  Then when I needed 2 birthday cards this year I remembered the frogs and dug out some yellow and green card stock from a paper pad I had.  I think they turned out adorable.  I know my 2 nieces will love flipping them back and forth.
Though you can't really tell I added some stickles to the polka dots just for some extra sparkle and you know how little girls LOVE SPARKLE!!  Altho I forgot to take a picture of the inside before I mailed these, the circles on the inside were stamped Happy (top circle) Birthday (bottom circle) and the child's name (middle circle).  After all pieces were cut out it literally only took 5 minutes to make both cards!!!  While I was cutting out pieces I cut an additional 6 sets (minus the stickers) for future kids birthday cards.  Now I'll be ready in a pinch!!
Well until later.......................................

HAPPY CARDING!

4 comments:

  1. How adorable, Susan! The girls are going to love these frolicking frogs!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Really cute! Can't go wrong with frogs!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Great cards Susan, the frogs are fabulous.

    ReplyDelete
  4. How darling- and how fun that you used those darling frog stickers!

    ReplyDelete