TIPS AND TECHNIQUES

Saturday, October 1, 2016

Birch Tree Winter

Ever go through your posts and realize there are a few you started and saved as a draft but then never remembered to post it?  No???  Really???  Is it just me??  Probably!  Sometimes I just get carried away and will write 2 or more posts but not think they are complete enough so I save them til later and then I forget!  LOL  Well this is one of them.  I actually wrote this wayyyy back in November of 2015.  Actually I found a few so I'm going to go into edit and see if they are worth sharing.  So here's Novembers............

Ahhhh....the woods.  My favorite spot.  So why not make a woodland card?  I had watched a tutorial by Linda Bauwin on a Faux Illusion Technique.  I totally C.A.S.E.D this card.  Twice!!!  The first time was with my friend June.  We used her new Sizzix birch tree embossing folder.  This is a large folder so you could make a 6x6 card if you'd like.  Ours was actually a 5.5 x 5.5 



We used a piece of light blue cardstock. Not sure of the name because it was a scrap.  She had a tree stamp and we used Artichoke stamp pad.  The trick to getting the spruces behind the birch's is that you stamp your image on the recessed part inside your folder.  If you open your folder you will find that 1 side is raised and the other indented.  Stamp on the indented side.  Then run it through your Big Shot or Cuttlebug.  Remove cardstock and the trees are behind the birch's!!!  WAY COOL!!   Then with White ink pad and a dauber rub on white ink to the raised birch's to turn them white from blue.  Someone else used white card stock and inked both the sky and evergreens on the inside.  I think it's easier this way but you choose.  Once all the trees are white use a brown marker and just go over some of the hashes on the birch.  We decided we really liked our scrap piece and decided to turn it into a card so we trimmed it to 5.25 x 5.25 and adhered it to Artichoke cardstock.  I had also showed her a quick idea for sentiment's so we whipped up 2 and put the Christmas greeting in an unexpected red on our blue and green card.  It works well don't you think?

Speaking of the sentiments....we needed some for the Residents to put on their homemade cards so I just whipped up a few.  Still need a bunch more but it's a start.  Here's what I have so far.

Till later
HAPPY CARDING









2 comments:

  1. I love your pines behind your birch trunks, Susan!! What a great card. And look at you with the Christmas sentiments all ready to go!! Awesome work!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Love this card idea- stamping on an embossing folder is on my bucket list : )

    ReplyDelete