TIPS AND TECHNIQUES

Monday, January 30, 2017

Valentine Sampler

Hello Monday!!!  Today is just a little share.  Over the weekend my ladies group got together and we put together our Valentine samplers.  For those who don't know the story of how we started this I'll fill you in.  It all started with our friend June giving us a Christmas Sampler framed in an 8x8 shadow box as a Christmas present in 2015.  During the year of 2016 we made, St Patty's day, Easter, Patriotic, Halloween, and Fall.  So last Friday we did our Valentines one.  These are so cute and so much fun to make.  I would like to be able to make a bigger shadow box and maybe have 1 square dedicated to each holiday of the year.  Right now we switch out our samplers as the times change but if I made a larger one with One of everything I could leave it up all year long.  I'm not sure if the ladies would like to do this but if so it would be a fun project.  Anyway here it is:

I've got supplies lines up for a 5x7 shadow box to do with my grand-daughter tonight.  I can't wait to see how hers turns out.
Til Next Time

HAPPY CARDING!




5 comments:

  1. Your Sampler is gorgeous! I loved reading about its history, too! Thanks for sharing the story!

    ReplyDelete
  2. A true beauty Susan! The sampler just bursts with Color and creativity The wonderful treasure to create these boxes with your friend and have so much history and memory and love built behind them !!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. What a fun project! Your group sounds like so much fun! I like the idea of a 12 month sampler, I have one of those frames (empty) in my craft room...... I started a Pintrest board to get ideas : )

    ReplyDelete
  4. This little shadowbox Valentine sampler is the cutest ever, Susan!! What a fun thing to do with your friends!! You always have the BEST ideas, my cyber friend!

    ReplyDelete