TIPS AND TECHNIQUES

Friday, June 2, 2017

Blue Christmas Tri-Shutter Card

Time for another Christmas Card.  I want to be able to get as many Christmas Cards done before I head up to my summer cottage.  We don't have Internet there so there won't be very many post over the summer except for when I come home periodically to take care of home business.
I found another version of the Tri-Shutter card on Pinterest.  Now I didn't search deeply but the first few cards I found no one included directions for the base.  It didn't take long to figure this one out.  It is a full front panel Tri-Shutter Card.
Hmmmm...can barely see the bling I added to the dots.  Oh well I know they are there.I deliberately try to use nontraditional color combinations.  So many times people are too obsessed with things matching and can't seem to envision mixing things up.  One of the colors of the dots is blue and then there is a bit of blue with the snowman and the strip on the right panel.  Do the blues match absolutely not but it doesn't matter.  Its still a happy card.

Dimensions are as follows:

(1) 12" x 6" solid cardstock

With long side at top of scoreboard score at 4" and 8"
Then place short end at top of trimmer and line up to 1" mark cut between the 6" and 10" marking of the cutting blade.  Repeat on opposite side.

As for the DSP....I would use your imagination.  I used a 6x12 sheet of DSP and cut it to fit the various sections.  All my sections had the same background but that is not necessary.  Be creative!  I think I might make another sample as a kit for ladies group.  We all need to build up our Christmas stash.

Til next time..................
HAPPY CARDING!

2 comments: