TIPS AND TECHNIQUES

Friday, June 16, 2017

Easel Card with a Twist

I missed a friends Birthday and I wanted to do something different.  Seeing that I am on a fancy fold kick I decided to do an easel card but with a twist.  The main card base is 4.25" wide and 6" tall.  By the time I finish adding extra pieces and embellishments the card will end up being roughly 6" x 6".  I'm using my favorite paper line Graphic 45 and this time I'll be using 1 sheet from the Children's Hour Collection.  The base of the card is made with a 12 x12 sheet of Pink Shimmer paper.
Start with a piece of card stock (in this case pink shimmer) and cut 4.25 x 12.  Score on the 12" side at 6 and at 9.  Fold in half and then make at mountain fold of the 9" score line.  This is the easel base.  Cut another piece of the pink shimmer 4.25" x 6"  This will eventually be glued on the lower half of the front of the easel base when completely embellished.  Pieces glued on the bottom of the 4.25 x 6 are actually 6" wide therefore now making your card wider when completed.  After all the papers and embellies were attached to the 4.25 x 6 pink shimmer it was attached to the main base.
I was going for a Shabby Chic look so I added lace, doily's, sequins, buttons and a little shimmer from my Wink of Stella pen.
I think it's pretty cute and I can't wait for her to get it.  Now to ship it out to Spokane!  Oooppps............hope she doesn't read this post.

Time to find another fun fold!
HAPPY CARDING til then!

3 comments:

  1. Susan, your card is beautiful! A style that is very challenging for me, yet you mastered it!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love how your amazing creations are filled from top to bottom and side to side with beautiful surprises at every turn!! Awesome card, Susan!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Dear me- this is another fab card! I love the G45 papers you used- you actually cut into them....! That makes my hands quiver....LOL I just love all of the added embellishments you added- so much to look at!!! Beautiful!

    ReplyDelete