TIPS AND TECHNIQUES

Tuesday, October 17, 2017

Halloween Pumpkin Cards

Halloween is just around the corner and I have alot of cards to send.  I had always sent 1 to my grandkids and my grandnieces and well people keep having babies and this year I have had to add 4 more children.  So I needed a total of 13 Halloween cards!  Oh my!!
Well I decided to make simple ones.  A friend of mine had a pumpkin card die that she bought from Stephanie Barnard. You can get it HERE.  Line up the main die piece slightly off the fold end of a base card and cut out the pumpkin.  Then cut remaining pieces to decorate your pumpkin.  Easy Peasy.  I whipped out a bunch.  Still have more to make but at least I started and I can be finished in time to get them in the mail!  That's a win for me!

I also found this simple little card on Pinterest.  Could not get the link to work but it looked easy enough to C.A.S.E. with just a picture.  I used a 4" circle and put it through an embossing folder... die cut out some leaves which I also ran through a few folders...glued the top of an acorn in the middle.  I swiped a little Tim Holtz walnut stain ink or the tops of the leaves and the pumpkin too.  The little curlys on acorn cap sides is just a piece of brown coated floral wire wrapped around a pencil.   Sometimes you just have to use whats on hand...lol  I found a sheet of scrapbook paper in my stash that had words on it and I just cut out the word pie.  Now this card can be for Thanksgiving or a fall birthday, or even Halloween.  Just put a different sentiment.

That's it for today.........til next time!

HAPPY CARDING!!








4 comments:

  1. Well now, aren't these pumpkins just way too cute! Love them!!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. How very sweet, Susan! A quad of gorgeous punpkins - all so sweet and very beautifully done! Your creativity is contagious!

    ReplyDelete
  3. How adorable are these sweet pumpkins, Susan!! So perfect for autumn crafting!

    ReplyDelete
  4. How fun are these- and you cut them with a die- very cool! The kids will love them : ) And, love the fun card you CASED from Pintrest- and the leaves and acorns you added too.

    ReplyDelete