TIPS AND TECHNIQUES

Saturday, December 9, 2017

Christmas Stars

 I cannot believe that Christmas is only 2 weeks away.  Time has really gotten away from me.  Though I have gifts bought and house decorated and I'm finishing up my addressing of cards I still wish I had more time to do some of those fabulous Christmas crafts everyone is pinning!  So many awesome ideas and yet I'm sure I won't be able to make all of them.

With today being a chilly day I had decided to try out a paper star that I saw on G45 Facebook page this week.  The tutorial looked pretty simple so I thought I'd try it out.  Here's the link to their facebook video : here

First let me say that although sticky tape is convenient,  I did find that some of the pieces opened up when I got to the hot gluing part of the project.  I reinforced those pieces with hot glue.  I'm not sure that I would have liked hot gluing the entire project though since I'm not very careful and I do tend to burn myself alot.  Anyway....here's what I made so far.


Though I don't have any I bet these would look great if they were sprayed with that spray glitter you can get at Michaels.  My favorite is probably the red and green one on the bottom right. 
If you get a chance to try these I would.   If done in all white and glittered they would look great as snowflakes hanging from a window.

Another tutorial to follow is this one: here  In this one she tells you to use scotch tape to connect the pieces.  I really think something like score tape works much better.  Holds better and you don't see the tape.  That being said it is a great visual in this tutorial.

Well I'm off to see what else I can squeeze in.....Til next time.......................

HAPPY CARDING!!!

1 comment:

  1. I can just picture these dangling from my classroom ceiling back in the day! The kids would have loved creating these awesome snowflakes!! Awesome work, Susan!

    ReplyDelete