TIPS AND TECHNIQUES

Saturday, December 23, 2017

Fast Forward Christmas

As time flies by and Christmas Eve is quickly approaching I realized how many crafts and cards never got made.  I always seem to have so many plans and then fail to complete them.  Time slips away from me, grandkids get colds and just want cuddles and some days I just wanted to sit and watch a Hallmark movie.  Ok confession maybe "3 in a row" Hallmark movies!  LOL  I did get done what had to be done though.  All gifts were bought, cards that were needed were made and mailed and crafting with the grandkids was done.  I even threw in cookie baking and a few crafts of my own for gifts and just for fun.  What didn't get done on a regular basis was this blog.  I was always putting it on the back burner.  Just barely squeezing in a tidbit here and there.  I also managed to ignore browsing through some of my favorite bloggers post and when I did I'd forget to leave a comment.  So I'll say I'm sorry and I will try to do better in the New Year.

So quickly now here are a few of the things that never made it to my blog.  My huge project was my Advent Calendar.  I LOVED decorating this as much as the grandkids love coming over and opening the drawers for little surprises.




This little paper star is super simple and oh so cute.  I found the tutorial by mistake....I was browsing Pinterest for star ornaments with popsicle sticks and for some reason this one popped up.  check it out.  Collette Mitriga does a quick yet thorough tutorial on how to make this beauty.


This is it closed up.  Its a little thing measuring 2x2 when closed.  You need 6   4x4 squares to make it and only 12" of 1/4" ribbon.  So cute.  I will be playing with these later in the new year and probably make a few for Memorial Day and the 4th of July.  I think they would be so cute in red, white, and blue don't you?









So many extra cards and tags were made too but I have since mailed them and used the tags on gifts so I guess there is no sharing of those.

This was a quick craft I did with my ladies group and with my grandkids for their teacher gifts.

These were recycled jars that we decorated with ribbons and misc. Christmas branches.  The insides were filled with Potpourri and a small battery tealight was placed inside.


Here I made more snowmen and some little tags.  The snowmen are made from recycled Frappuccino bottles.  I used wooden candle cups for the heads and my husband cut out the hats for me.  I filled them with candy and these were handed out at as gifts to my lady friends as well.  Extras were made and my Daughter in Law handed them out to the teachers she works with.   Yep!!!!  Drank alot of Frappuccino!!!  I now have to diet all this Christmas season! heehee.

I think that's it for now.  I wish all of you a very Merry Christmas, Happy Hanukkah, Happy Kwanzaa and Happy all other Holidays.  Have a wonderful time and I will be back in the New Year!











4 comments:

  1. WOW! Susan, you always make the prettiest things! Such an delight to come to your blog and see what you've been up to. You never fail to impress!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Why can't I live by you, Susan?? Then I could create these amazing things under your talented directions!! I love each and every one of these holiday projects!! That advent calendar will be a treasure for a lifetime. Your grands will probably fight to own it one day!

    ReplyDelete
  3. You are so busy! I cannot image how you get so much creating done!!! I LOVE that Advent calendar! Fun projects : ) Happy New Year Susan!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Oh Susan, where to begin! Except your 'that's it from me" LOL THat's it? THis is enough to keep me busy for a week! Hee hee! You are amazing ! Outstanding! Just a plethora of crafty goodness - what a blessing you are. Now you need to go open an etsy shop :)

    ReplyDelete