TIPS AND TECHNIQUES

Wednesday, December 13, 2017

Snowman Haven

Another day another craft...lol.  It sure has been a crafty December for me.  Today as my daughter in law was dropping off the baby she informed me that the other 2 needed a gift for their CCD teachers tonight.  Yikes!!!  Way to give me a heads up!  Quickly I ran through my Pinterest for something super simple and quick.  I would have much preferred something more religious but that would have had me running out to Hobby Lobby and I had no time for that with everything else I wanted to get done today.  Besides for me a craft store trip takes at least 3 hours...I mean I HAVE to browse right???  Then I came across a set of snowmen made from 2x2 lumber.  Well it just so happened that my hubby just replaces the spindles on the deck and we have alot of scraps.  YAY for me...not so much for him because I sent him to the garage to cut (3) 6" pieces (3) 4.5" pieces and (3) 2.75" pieces.  Got out the wood glue...glued and clamped and when the kids got home this is what they painted.


Super cute.  Ok the middle set is a bit of a mess but the 6yr old tried and that's what counts.



2 comments:

  1. Your grandkids must absolutely adore you, Susan! I know they loved crafting these fun snowmen for their teachers!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Susan, these are adorable... and a fabulous gift item.

    And just so you know... I think the middle one (created by the 6-year-old) is the best of the batch. The memories!!!

    ReplyDelete