TIPS AND TECHNIQUES

Saturday, April 14, 2018

Is it Spring Yet?

Well it's April and we are having April Showers but they are in the wrong form.  Not rain but snow.  So much snow up North that I may be opening my summer home in August at this rate.  Over the past few days my poor cabin is sitting in 2.5 feet of snow!!!  Crazy!  My main home is in the path of a cold front and we have only had highs in the 30's.  So to get me in a better mood I decided that when spring really decides to stay here that I would have some new pretties to put out on the front porch.  I really liked the look of some of the porch signs that I have seen over Pinterest so I decided to make a couple.
My husband noticed our local home center had bundles of wood pre colored.  These are actually used for decorating walls kind of like paneling.  Anyway we bought 2 bundles 1 with 5  1x6 boards and 1 pack with 6  1x4 boards.  Not a cheap investment as each package was $20 but I figured I could make a few of these signs so it would be worth it to me.  I had checked local craft stores and for a blank similar board they were running around $39 for 1 and although you could use a coupon you would only get 1 project for around the same price.  The letters I did get at the local craft store and lucked out because they were already painted.  The O in home is a grapevine wreath that I decorated with some silk flowers.  Scrap wood from the shed was used for the back braces and the decorative top and bottom trim.  The smaller sign has words that I got at the craft store for just 99 cents and I painted them black.  These are so cute and I can't wait until I can put them out on the porch.

Well that's it for now.  I'm going to go look for Spring!

Til next time..............................

3 comments:

  1. Wow, Susan! These are fabulous!! What a fun way to add a little popular style to your home!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh Susan, how gorgeous ! You did great, girl - $20 sounds like a bargain to me! Most of the homemade signs are SUPER expensive - but this one has your special touch, too :) I know you are sick of the snow - poor girl, I send you TONS of sunshine!!

    ReplyDelete