TIPS AND TECHNIQUES

Wednesday, July 18, 2018

Wedding Explosion box

I love weddings.  I love wedding decorations.  Everything is so pretty and lacy and EVERYONE Oooooo's and Ahhhh's the shower gifts including the wrapping paper used.  My Daughter in law is going to a double shower this weekend.  Previously I had posted the easy invites I designed for her. They were a big hit especially the brides mother which is my daughter in laws Aunt.  Poor woman has 2 daughters getting married not far apart so they had decided to do a double shower.  My daughter in law is involved with the decorating so we went through a ton of ideas to make the shower neutral yet bring in a little of each bride.  I helped with directions for her and her mom to make the centerpieces for the tables.  I just gave them a bunch of ideas and supplies and while I was up relaxing at my cabin they invaded my house for crafting.  One thing for sure my daughter in law wanted was a fabulously wrapped gift.  Her own daughter had bought small ankle bracelets for the brides in blue.  So when I was asked to come up with a fancy way to package them it was a no brainer.  We went with a Something Blue theme.  My daughter in law loved explosion boxes but needed the help to develop it.  So with color scheme (blue) and gift theme (wedding) and me with a ton of dies and ideas we made 2 of these.


The little box in the center holds the gift.  There is ALOT of gluing involved  I made little envelopes with added messages just for fun and little love birds are tucked here and there.   All together we probably used 3 sheets of blue shimmer 12 x 12 ...5 sheets cream shimmer 12 x 12 and 2 floral sheets 12 x 12.  I believe it took only 1 blue glitter sheet 12 x 12.  We of course have some scraps left over that could be used for future tags.
The main box its self is pretty easy.  Using 1 sheet of 12 x 12 score at 4" and 8" rotate and repeat.  For hearts in the corners I used a template, traced and then fussy cut the base corners.  I was then able to use a die to cut out the glittered blue hearts.  Dies are definitely my best friends!  LOL  I sure hope there is alot of Oooo'ing and Ahhhh'ing this Saturday at their shower.

Til next time
HAPPY CARDING!












3 comments:

  1. Wow! WOW!!! I've never seen such a beautiful explosion before. Susan, this is stunning!

    ReplyDelete
  2. This is so gorgeous, Susan!! You are an awesome crafter!!

    ReplyDelete