TIPS AND TECHNIQUES

Sunday, August 26, 2018

A little early Halloween craft.

So I have often admitted to my addiction to Pinterest.  LOVE it!  I pin and pin and pin.  I don't often make what I pin though.  These last 2 weeks I spent my time relaxing at my summer cottage.  In advance I sent my sister, who live up there full time just across the street from me, 2 pics of a fun Fall craft.  We would be in need of corks and wine bottles.  She just so happens to have friends up there that run a local bar.  To my surprise when I showed up she handed me a bowl of corks and 2 wine bottles and said "Ok I did my part!  Your turn"  lol.  Well I was ready for her even though I did not think she would actually remember the corks or bottles.  I have packed a craft bag with all the needs for the projects.  While our hubby's tended the smoker of ribs, we plugged in glue guns and got out the paints.
I have no idea why I smiled so stupidly maybe I was distracted by the Packers jersey!  LOL  Anyway we had so much fun.  Gabbing, gluing, painting......Here are our creations.        
My sisters friend will have the luck of enjoying a couple of these since she got us the corks.  I'm giving the small one and one of the larger ones to my daughter in law for her mantle.  I'll be making one for me with my ladies group later.

And Here are the Scarecrows.  OMG I'm in love with these guys!
My sister constructed the hats...complaining all the way!  LOL   It was getting close to "Wine" time for her...heehee.
I do believe we can call these a Pinterest success!!  Both projects are awesome and I can't wait to re-create them with my group.

Well I think it's time to surf Pinterest again for another fall project that my sister and I can do when I go up next month!

Till then HAPPY CARDING!
















4 comments:

  1. Oh what fun! You found, pinned, and created some adorable autumn cuties!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I guess I better get to drinking!! Those pumpkins are adorable, Susan!! What a great sister you have to save you the trouble!!! What awesome autumn projects!! No Pinterest fails here!!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. ROFL - looks like I need a few more bottles of Winking Owl! LOL! Oh Susan, could this be any fun-ner! LOVE those pumpkins and scarecrows - very crafty and cute!

    ReplyDelete
  4. How fun! My sisters will not raft for anything! You both have the same smile love it! I adore these pumpkin crafts. so fun! I have a few wine corks saved away for a fun craft..... : ) I also love your scarecrow. Pinterest- oh boy....trouble and inspiration all rolled up into one! LOL

    ReplyDelete