TIPS AND TECHNIQUES

Sunday, September 30, 2018

Jungle Baby card

Hello!!!  Welcome to the Jungle!  A very dear friend of mine is becoming a grandma for the 1st (kind of) time.  Her son is to become a father.  He has been practicing since the mother to be has an 18 month old little boy right now and she is due with his first in the beginning of October.  Everyone is very excited.  My ladies group put together a Jungle scrapbook for the new Grandma.  We used that theme because the theme for the shower is all Jungle.  I personally am very sad that I won't be able to attend but I was able to help in the building of the diaper cake this weekend.  Oh what fun that was!  Cindy and I hot glued, paper punched and decorated while June and Karen rolled the diapers for us.  I have no idea how many diapers we used but this is what we came up with.

So adorable for a centerpiece if that's how it will all be used.  Or Marilyn may just scatter them all around the room.  The ladies promised me pictures from the shower next week. 

Cindy and I worked on a card for the shower gift too.  We started with the base already cut.  I had tried the new fold at home before showing up at her house.  I said "Ok...here's a jungle green card with some gold leopard border on it now lets put our heads together and figure out how to decorate the rest."  Well TA DA......here it is...........
The brownish papers are from Echo Park, the animals are a die...not sure of brand because they are not mine.  The tree is a sticker.  Cindy cut off the backs of Brads for the little embellies on the gold border and our sentiment is attached to corrugated card stock.  There was a blank tan piece attached to the back for signing.

Now back to the card.  I'm not taking credit for this one though this is my version.  The card is called a DOUBLE GATEFOLD POP-UP card.  The original I found HERE  I did not purchase the tutorial she has but if you'd like it you can see it there.  My own pieces may have fit better if I had used her tutorial but you know me I love a challenge.

Well that's all for now.

Til next time.......................

HAPPY CARDING!

6 comments:

  1. OH Susan, it's about time you stop monkeying around! LOL! This is a gem! What a sweet friend you are ~ my daughter got these diaper rows and they were so cute! We ended up unrolling them and adding them to her diaper rack but they sure are cute and pictures last forever!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Eeee Eeee Eeee Eeee....Monkey's are my favorite right by Elephants. I thnk the grandkids have at least 3 monkey and 3 elephant stuffed animals here.. It's a ZOO! lol

      Delete
  2. Susan, this diaper cakes turned out adorable! And your card is Wow-some!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Never knew they were so easy to make. I always thought they were more complicated. Guess not lol I'm working on a similar card that I know I can post directios for.

      Delete
  3. Oh, my word, Susan! How amazing is this!! Your fabulous jungle theme is carried out to perfection with your delightful critters and sensational cakes and card!! Won't this mom be tickled pink!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. How cool is this!!! I love this great cool diaper cake! And, your card is amazing!

    ReplyDelete