TIPS AND TECHNIQUES

Sunday, December 2, 2018

CHRISTMAS BOX

Happy December everyone.   Can you believe it?  Christmas is almost here and I bet alot of you are scrambling just like me to get everything done.
Earlier I saw an article about a Christmas Eve Box.  I thought "What a great idea"!  My grand kids would love it.  But you know me I have to take it 1 step further.  Mine is just going to be called a Christmas Box.   Next year I will have a much better box, but for this year I have to use what I have.  So what did I have?  A wine tote box.  Yep it originally held 4 bottles from a winery up in Door County Wisc.  I didn't want to go too crazy on the decorating of the box because this is a 1 time thrifty use so I just covered the sides that had the winery name on it.
I then got started.  Everything in the box is for an activity for the kids to do as the big day approaches.  For example....I put in a couple craft kits from Michael's and a few homemade craft kits.  I just put them into clear bags and made a topper for the bag.  Ingredients for reindeer food and recipe to make it as well as snowman soup.  Some popcorn for a snack night,  Color sheets that are also the letters to send to Santa.  A special letter from Santa was included as well as an activity calendar.


The grand kids are so excited for the holidays that I thought this would help their mom and dad from going crazy with the "Is it Christmas yet?"  As you can see not all the days are filled in.  I mean you need a little breather right?  I'm really liking this idea and cant wait to start designing the one for next year.  I will definitely be more organized and I would like to give the box to the kids by December 1st.
Well that's all for now.
Til next time...................................

HAPPY CARDING!

3 comments:

  1. You are the best grandma ever, Susan!! What a fabulous way to be ready for some instant fun during the days heading into Christmas!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Susan, I love the idea for a Christmas box... your grands are going to love it! You are such a creative and fun grandma!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I am always so loving all of the ideas you come up with..... Here, I make cards- you come up with elaborate ideas- so fun and what a blessing for the parents who can pull out a craft for the kids to do. Love the simple decorations- they look perfect to me!

    ReplyDelete