TIPS AND TECHNIQUES

Sunday, January 20, 2019

C.A.S.E. VALENTINES

Well once again I got side tracked.  I'm suppose to be finishing up my paper pack of Christmas cards but instead I watched a Maymay Made it video on Valentines and couldn't resist.  You can follow her tutorial HERE  Her animals are sooo cute.  I tried but failed at 2 of them.  First I tried to change up the fox.  Well hers is so much better.  Then I had thought of a cardinal.  I love cardinals and thought I could do one.  Well you sure can't tell it's a cardinal but it maybe looks like a bird?  Maybe???

I simplified the frog and the owl and the cat I changed up with funky eyes.  I used the green McGill punch to make the fox and cats eyes, the unicorn horn, owls nose, fox and cats ears, and cardinals feathers. The Martha Stewart border punch I used the little confetti pieces we usually toss to add to the eyes of the cat, fox, and cardinal.  The cardinals face was the Martha Stewart heart punch.
The pattern for the base of all of these is super simple and you can get 4 from 1 sheet of 8.5 x 11" card stock.  Just cut all bases 4.25" x 5.5" and score on the 5.5 side at 2.75.  Then at the 4.25 side mark the middle at 2  1/8th and cut diagonally to score line on both sides.

A strip of 3/4" x 4" is your banner on which you stamp the greeting and glue it only on the ends across the bottom.  Have fun coming up with your own animals.  These are so cute and quick to make.

Til later.........................
HAPPY CARDING

2 comments:

  1. What an awesome group of fabulous Valentine critters, Susan!! These are so adorable!! I can tell you had a lot of fun creating these for friends and family!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh lovely, Susan! Oh my ~ these critters are adorable - like Lynn said, it looks like you had a good time making these cuties!

    ReplyDelete