TIPS AND TECHNIQUES

Thursday, January 10, 2019

G45 Birthday Folio

SO I'm still working on my Big Christmas pack of cards and actually got my carding group to join in the challenge so with that being said I probably won't post The Paper Pack Cards post until after the weekend.  In the meantime I have a Birthday card to share that I needed for this Saturday.

A while ago I bought the 8x8 pack of the Fairy Dust collection from G45.  I'm not normally into fairies but I love the green and purple colors of the pack.  So when I had to make a Birthday card for a friend I thought this pack would be a great one to use.

I wanted to do some sort of interactive card but had no idea what I wanted to do.  You see there are 5 of us in my little group and for the birthdays I try to take 1 idea for a card and change it up 4 times so everyone gets a similar technique.  For example everyone got a fancy fold of some kind for their Christmas cards.  So I decided to go for a Mini Album type of Birthday card with little pull out elements.  So this is what I came up with for this Months Birthday Card.

The card measures 4.5 x 6"  All I did for the front here is glitter bits and pieces, punched some simple flowers from one of the papers in the pack and glitter it and place them on top of flowers that were on the paper.  I added an extra mat to the cut apart card "Fairy Dust" and only glued it on two sides to make the right side able to hold the little charm on ribbon.  The stamp pieces were glittered and placed on top of the stamps on the paper.  Basically the front is just full of layers and glitter.  LOL

The inside top has a little fold out booklet.  Untie the ribbon to reveal a few pages adorned with little tags and Cut apart cards with sweet sayings on them.  I popped up some little things here and there.  Makes it look alittle 3d.  Loving the mushrooms.

The bottom page I used a Tim Holts die called
Little cut apart cards slip into the slots.  Again just alot of layering and glitter.  That's one thing I love about G45.  So many pieces can just be layered on top of the other creating such a pretty look.  Time consuming?  Yes......fussy cutting takes time but the results are so cute.  And Glitter???  Who doesn't like glitter?  Ok maybe some of you despise glitter but I love it as long as it's not loose glitter and its so perfect for Fairies.
I'm sure my friend is going to love this "Folio Card".  Now to figure out another one for a February birthday.  Then I have all summer to figure out the other 2 since 1 will be for October and the other December.

And of course coming soon will be the Christmas paper pack array of cards!

Til then .....................................

HAPPY CARDING!

1 comment:

  1. What breath-taking beauty and gorgeousness, Susan!! Your friend with treasure this amazing creation!!

    ReplyDelete