TIPS AND TECHNIQUES

Saturday, January 5, 2019

How Many Christmas Cards?

Happy New Year.  Did I say that already?  I mean I know today is only the 5th day of the New Year but I already have a foggy mind as to what I have or have not done.  lol
So I want to "Jump Start" 2019 Christmas cards and decided to due a challenge that I've seen on You Tube numerous time of seeing how many cards you can make from one of those Paper Pack Collections.  Do you know which ones I'm talking about?  The ones that have 12x12 double sided papers as well as cut apart sheets and a sticker sheet.  I really should have taken a picture of the pack I'm using but nooooo...I jumped right in and started cutting things up.  Including the cover sheet.  I did find this picture on line though.
image 0
I will be using some solid card stock too for layering, though I'm not doing much and for stamping.  Black, Old Olive and Cherry cobbler were my choices and all will be put on basic white cards in various sizes.  I want to make all these cards very basic.  I want them to be pretty flat too so I don't plan on using regular dimensionals.  if I raise up anything it will be with that super thin fun foam from the Dollar tree.  Its like 1/2 the thickness of regular dimensionals.  To use as many scraps from this pack as I can there may also be some tags too.  I had a hard time deciding which pack to use.  There are so many out there.  Photo Play as you can see won mainly because I already owned it but you should take a look at Carta Bella, Echo Park, and Authentique to name a few.  They all have pre-made packs in 12x12's that are ready to be turned into some fantastic cards and tags.  Oh I guess you could use them as Scrapbook pages too heeheehee.  Maybe that's what they were really made for.

So stay tuned...I figure by the end of the week I should have accomplished something.

Til then ...............
HAPPY CARDING

3 comments:

  1. Oh Susan... I'm staying tuned, for sure! I can't wait to see what you make with this gorgeous pack!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I will keep tuned in- I have seen posts for using a 6x6 pack of DP for cards, but not a 12x12 pack. Cannot wait to see what you create : )

    ReplyDelete
  3. I can't wait to see all your amazing creations with this fun Christmas pack, Susan!!

    I apologize for being missing in action for the past few weeks. I will be back this afternoon to catch up on all your fabulous creations that I have missed during that time.

    ReplyDelete