TIPS AND TECHNIQUES

Thursday, May 8, 2014

ALL OCCASION OSW CARDS


All you OSW fans I did another group of cards last night.  I used a 12x12 double sided paper and was able to come up with 10 cards.  I had used an 8.5 x 11 template and with the scraps just cut out the extra pieces into various squares and rectangles.  I also used 3 sheets of
8 x 8 colored card stock in 3 different colors for mats.  All cards were made with white card and measure 4.25 x 5.5   I actually made these to give as a hostess gift if I ever needed one and have since decided that I may just make another batch for my granddaughter to give to her teacher as an end of school year gift.  I might make a different template.  Not quite sure yet.  I find that if you have everything cut, stamped and laid out it only takes minutes to put them together assembly line style.  Try this using various themes.  Example using all valentine designer papers for a pack of valentine cards. Or all Christmas for the holidays.  All fall type papers that can be used for Halloween and Thanksgiving as well as a fall Birthday.  Spring papers like flowers, butterflies, or birds for Thankyou's, Birthday's and Get Wells.  With OSW the possibilities are endless...Give it a try!  Your going to love this result.

  Below is a template to get you started...it's actually the one I used.  Like I said you will have scraps from you 12x12 sheet so just keep cutting more pieces.  


I got this from:  Mae Collins blog from the UK which she did quite a few years ago.  She called it her A4 OSW and you can find it as well as others on her blog at: maecollins.blogspot.com



Here are the cards I made with this template and using the extra scraps (since I used a 12x12 instead of a 8.5x11.


Have fun with it!!!



HAPPY CARDING











No comments:

Post a Comment