TIPS AND TECHNIQUES

Friday, May 16, 2014

UGLY PAPER??? NOT!

So I was given a Challenge...I was thumbing through the clearance section on line from Stampin Up.  Found a paper pack on clearance for under $5 I believe. Decided what the heck...I can always use Christmas paper and placed it on my list to give my demonstrator.  SO when my ladies group saw what I put on my order they all bought the same pack... because someone (I won't mention who LOL) thought the pack contained some pretty ugly papers and not at all "Christmasy" enough,  The pack was the "Candlelight Christmas pack".  I observed, when I got the pack, that the papers weren't that bad at all.  In fact....I pretty much liked them.  Now to prove to the ladies that even undesirable can make pretty cards.  I decided we would each take 1 of the sheets and use a One Sheet Wonder Template.  The ladies have no idea how those shapes are to be positioned on the cards but will soon find out on the 23rd of May when we will be making 8 cards each with each of us using a different 
12 x 12 sheet from the Candlelight Christmas paper pack.  Each of us are to bring what ever Christmas embellishments, dies, ribbons, buttons....etc that color match or accent the paper sheet we were assigned.  This is going to be so much fun.  I can't wait to see what everyone comes up with.  I have already made up my 8 and the paper I was given was what was considered the worst.  I absolutely love my final look but sorry......I can't share yet.  Some people might be peeking.  So check back after the 23rd and I will have posted the "Sample Cards".
  In the meantime I C.A.S.E.'d this card from Janeleescards.blogspot.  She made this card in 2012.  She ABSOLUTELY loves the Candlelight Christmas pack!  The one sheet that could be a bit difficult to use is the acetate flocked one.  She made a super simple card that I duplicated below.  I'm putting together a couple different ones too.  I'll admit that I would have never bought this acetate sheet at the store since I'm not a huge fan of flocked acetate, but I have it so I might as well use it.

The one on the left is the one I first C.A.S.E.'d  The other 3 are a slight variation of another one I saw and of course I can't remember where.  I'm not super excited about these but it uses up the acetate sheet a bit.  I'll have to think of something else for the other sheet.
Till then........


HAPPY CARDING!

No comments:

Post a Comment