TIPS AND TECHNIQUES

Sunday, July 13, 2014

BIRTHDAY GREETINGS

Happy Sunday!  The storms have rolled out of here and its 85* outside.  Perfect temp for me to go downstairs to my craft room and create a couple Birthday cards.  In fact I may just need some socks and a sweatshirt since it gets a bit chilly down there.
  I have a few birthdays this month and with my running back and forth to the cabin I never seem to get those cards done.  So today I'm tackling 2 cards.  One for my little sister...oh my I think shes going to be 54!!!!  Mercy, how times fly!  I also need one for a friend of mine.  Lucky her I think she is only going to be 45 (boy I wish I was only 45 lol).
  Anyway the first one I did was the result of a borrowed die.  One of the ladies in our group has a sizzix card die that makes that fancy edge on the top and then the card flips down to open or you can turn the card on its side for a side open.  I had some cardstock already cut so I decided to use one of those.
this is what the die cut
I smoothed out the score line because I wanted the card to have a flap.


Here's where I made the new fold marks.


 Now to decorate.  I used a ton of scraps.  Even the flower on top is a scrap.  You can find directions for it under Tips and Techniques.
This is the finished card.  I know it says "This is me Missing You" but it is still a birthday card.  I used this saying because I haven't seen my friend in quite a long time and I won't be here for her birthday either so the missing you seemed right.

I think I'll post the other card later...seems it's later than I thought and I need to get dinner ready.  So until later.

HAPPY CARDING!

No comments:

Post a Comment