TIPS AND TECHNIQUES

Tuesday, July 15, 2014

BOX CARD

I'm still trying to catch up on my postings before I leave for the cabin again.  Last Friday the "Girls" and I got together for some chit chatting and got a couple cards made.  The first one we made was the Asian Screen Card I posted recently.  It was a big hit though some wondered if another punch could work for the making of the feet.  I'll have to work on that.  Never gave it much thought since I already had the label punch..  The next card was the file folder card.  The "Leader of our pack" ( LOL ) brought all the supplies for that one.  You can find the directions for different file cards by checking my post labeled Tab Cards.  She also brought the Box Card. This is the one we made that night.












I made a few templates.  Its so easy and yet very cute and folds to fit inside a regular envelope.  YEA!  Even though I have the envelope maker I'd sometimes much rather use store bought.  Makes it 1 less step I have to do when the card is finished.  You can get 2 box cards out of 1 sheet of 8.5 x 11 card stock plus you would need 2 scraps that measures 3 x 1.5
score all lines and remove piece with ///////


cut on score line of the short pieces and fold all but first section
You will also need (4) 1/4 x 3" acetate strips for flowers to go on.  In the second picture I showed the sizes for the DSP to cut for decorating your box.  Then Punch up some flowers and leaves and build your bouquet.  You can add more acetate strips if you'd like just do not have the flowers taller than the back of the box or it won't fit into an envelope.

Well I put another one together and I think it turned out pretty good  they are just so very easy and yet people will be impressed with your creativity!  Ok I'm a "Dufus"......I went to take a picture of the one I just made yesterday and "DUH" I put it in the mail and sent it off before taking a picture of it.  Don't know where my head is!  LOL  Thank goodness the one I made Friday was already added to this post or there would have been no example!  Do you ever have those kind of days?  If it weren't for the fact that I was leaving for the cabin I'd of made another one but between trying to finish up a few posts and packing it's not going to happen.  Sorry.  Do try this card tho.  Your going to like the ease!

Till Later!


HAPPY CARDING

No comments:

Post a Comment