TIPS AND TECHNIQUES

Friday, November 7, 2014

PAPER BAG CARD

I am so excited!  This card turned out so darn cute and its a paper bag!  I saw a YouTube video by Claudia Rosa where she showed a card made from an everyday brown paper lunch bag.  I think her card was a birthday card for a male but with Christmas right around the corner I thought I'd transform it into a Christmas card.   Drum roll please..............


















This is a large size lunch bag that I got from Target.  The papers are from a Christmas Paper pack by Paper studio that I bought from Hobby Lobby and some Kraft paper.  Ribbons are from an old spool of ribbon so I have no idea where I got it from.  I used misc cling stamps and some green snowflakes to add a little bling.  The 2 ribbon on the front side pull out to expose little tags which the recipient could use as gift tags if they'd like.  I put together some kits for my ladies group to put together the next time we do our stamping.  These are large cards so homemade envelopes would be a good idea.

Decided to try one that doesn't open and just has a tag pocket in front.  It turned out real cute too.  Kind of wondering what other color combinations I could use and whether or not the smaller lunch bags would work.  I'll have to give that a try.


I'll write up the directions for these after I try the smaller bag size.  I can't wait to mail these as I'm sure the people who get them are going to love it!


Until Later....................

HAPPY CARDING!!!











No comments:

Post a Comment