TIPS AND TECHNIQUES

Wednesday, January 28, 2015

A Saturday collection of Cards


Oh my goodness I finally was able to get back to my blog only to discover that I had written this and never posted it.  What a Ditz!  Life can sometimes get so crazy!  Sooooo....sorry but here is my very very very late post  OR my very very early Christmas 2015 post...LOL!


Well I'm backing up a bit here to the beginning of November.  Halloween was over and Thanksgiving was on it's way but I was still in "Christmas" mode.  My husband was out for the evening with our son and a friend at a "Cigar Box Guitar" event.  I was going to just mope around the house but instead decided to invite my friend June over for some card making (what else!).  It's so nice to have someone willing to just spend a quiet evening card making.  I think we achieved 4 different card styles resulting in 6 total cards and in only 4 hours.  Plus there was alot of talking in between.  So now on with the results......

1st card




June brought the supplies to make this cute folded Christmas tree card with present pop outs inside.  So adorable.  We made 2 of these and they were easier than I thought.  Love love this card!






2nd card



This one I actually designed for my Daughter-in-laws 5th grade class to make during their after school craft event.  I had some pieces left over so we each got to put 1 of these together.  So easy even a 5th grader can do it!  LOL  I don't think the school kids did the stitch marks around the squares but I thought it added to the card.




3rd card 

Another one that June brought supplies for.  Love this stamp and framelit set.  I believe its from Stampin up.  This card was so pretty
and easy due to the framelit doing the hard work of cutting out the tree on the red panel that we dimensional.  we made 3 each of these.  That's how quickly we were able to put them together.











4th card 
The lighting does not do this card justice.  I made this using the Martha Stewart border punch and a snowflake border embossing folder.  If you look closely every other circle in the border punched out area has a little sequin that shows up.  the sequin is actually adhered to the inside of the card.  The front had some added sequins to the snowflakes.  Pretty much a simple card.










Well there you have it 4 relatively simple cards you could whip up before the holidays.  Take the basic idea, change up the paper, use stamps with ornaments instead of trees and maybe a Santa instead of a snowman.  It'll work no matter what you choose.
June and I had a great evening!  You can get alot done when all the elements have been cut, scored, embossed, and gathered into kit like projects before you even get together to start making.

Later!!!!

HAPPY CARDING

















No comments:

Post a Comment