TIPS AND TECHNIQUES

Monday, November 9, 2015

Quick Change Christmas


Hello!!!  Yes it's been awhile.  Life has taken a busy detour and prevented me from even looking at other bloggers :(  I've got alot of catching up to do!  Today is a down day so I thought it would be a good idea to get some blogging done.  Hopefully I'll get this posted today.  The last few days I've been battling a cold that has just left me darn right tired.  Ok enough excuses (lol)....on with the cards!!
Although I have plenty of cards done for this year to send out, my friend June and I do crafts at a local nursing home. (I believe I've mentioned that before)  She had done a few card classes while I was up at my summer place (how dare she!  LOL) and wants to hold another later this month so we got together to put together samples and start cutting the kits.  June C.A.S.E.D. the first one which took us the longest cutting out.  Only due to measuring and gabbing!  LOL  Anyway super cute and can be left in it's simple state or blinged up.  It's your basic 4.25 x 5.5 card base and we used the  Mary, Joseph, Jesus stamp from a Stampin Up's set that I believe is retired.  
original



slight bling






















I guess my slight bling doesn't show up well but if you really look hard you can see there's some glittering.  I used just a bit of Stickles on the card on the right.

This next one could NOT be simpler!!  We used the scallop edge Sizzix flip it die and designer card stock from DCWV.  Since we did all the cutting all they have to do is adhere the circles and stamp their sentiment on the first one.  We needed to try and add different levels to the cards since the spectrum of abilities varies.  Then I upped the anti with the second one using some little snowflake sequins!  I also added another circle to the center and put a snowflake on that too.  


original outside










2nd one with little bling



inside original























So these aren't too bad for a super simple card .   Now this last one is just like the above ones except that I used more of the pieces from the die set.  Instead of the designer cardstock used as the base I used a solid cardstock.  Then the layers were cut from the designer cardstock, added some bling and we have a more complexed card for those who can do a little bit more.

The inside of this looks pretty much like all the others.  So all together we have 3 different levels so I think I covered every ability!

Well that's it for now.  We still have a few more super simple cards coming so check back they should be uploaded soon.  Until then have a glorious Monday!

HAPPY CARDING!!

No comments:

Post a Comment