TIPS AND TECHNIQUES

Monday, November 23, 2015

Santa's Watching

So Christmas is quickly approaching and although I have all my cards done (not addressed, yikes!  That would be too productive for me!  LOL) I know alot of you are scrambling for last minute cards.  This one is adorable and very similar to one I saw on Splitcoast.  They did more stamping and I did more sponging.

The base is cherry cobbler 4.25 x 5.5 the next layer is from a paper pack from Hobby Lobby a Kraft color with dark green music notes.  I sponged with some Corduroy distress ink from Tim Holtz around all the edges.  The trees are from Lovely as a Tree and stamped with Tombow markers.  Santa is stamped with a Dew Drop ink pad in copper and also sponged.  Ribbon is just a sheer silver.  I brought the card to our card night and some of the ladies preferred using a Stampin Up ink pad Soft Grey for the Santa because it showed more detail.  I should have taken a picture but I forgot.  They also used a Cherry Cobbler ribbon.
Well that's it for now.....Today I'm making homemade French Onion soup!!  Roasted the bones for the stock yesterday and today the house smells yummy!  My kind of comfort food on such a cold snow covered day!  If I don't get another post in I want to wish you all a HAPPY THANKSGIVING!!  I am so thankful for my family and our health and I'm thankful for all of you who keep coming back to check out my blog!

HAPPY CARDING!

1 comment:

  1. Lovely Christmas card- love the Santa looking down on the scene. Glad you had a fab Thanksgiving- we headed to Ky with family and also celebrated my parents 60th.

    ReplyDelete