TIPS AND TECHNIQUES

Friday, March 3, 2017

SCRAPPY CHRISTMAS CARD TAG

Love using scraps and by golly I have quite a few of them.  One of the ladies in my group told me to come up with a Tag design for our upcoming gathering.  Everyone is designing a card and putting together kits for each of us and it was suggested that I do a tag since I love tags.  Problem is.........the lady who suggested it really doesn't like or use tags.  So I decided to be a little creative and combine a card with a tag.  Best part I can use all scraps for my demo card.  Though I will need to get regular sheets of DSP and Card stock for the packets since I need multiples.  Well here's what I did:
 First I decided to make it larger than the typical 4.25 x 5.5 card and made the base 5 x 6.5.    This is a flat card it does not open.  I cut (2) 3.5" circles of card stock and (2) 3" circles of DSP.  Some scrap lace, ribbon and a tag die and got to work.  Finished result?  Here it is:

For the packets I had to change up the papers so that I would have enough for everyone.  Just a little bit different look.  Honestly I like my scrap one better but I'm sure everyone will like this one too.

I think I'm going to try and turn out more scrappy type of cards.  I have sooo many scraps laying around that really need to be used.  I need to refill my Christmas card box for 2017 so Scrappy it will be.  Ok along with a few with new papers.  LOL

Until next time............

HAPPY CARDING!

4 comments:

  1. Your flat card design is perfect with the pull out tag on which to place your message!! I love all the fabulous holiday papers you used, Susan!

    ReplyDelete
  2. This is a great idea- add the tag to a card! You are brilliant! I love that it tucks in behind the message.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Did I miss this beauty !! One of my favorite things to do in crafting is to use scraps ! You have made these shine with with design and creativity here, Susan - WTG!

    ReplyDelete