TIPS AND TECHNIQUES

Saturday, March 10, 2018

EASTER IS COMING!

Is it "Spring" yet???  My word we have had some pretty chilly days here in the Northern states.  Not a ton of snow but Oooooo sooooo cold!  The sky's have been so deceiving lately.  Beautiful .. Clear ..   Sunny and Blue buttttt...oh so cold out there.  How are all the little children going to go on their Easter Egg Hunts when they need to wear big parkas?
 So  today I stayed inside admiring the sun and the warmth of the indoors and thought about Spring and Easter.  I came up with these 2 very Quick cards.  Both are regular A2 in size.  First a simple one using a new die I picked up at the Stamp show earlier this month.

Aren't those Bunnies adorable?  All the papers used were from my scrap bin except the Hello Easter.  That I had just cut off from a 12x12 sheet of Easter journaling cards by Echo Park.  I got the curves by using a paper trimmer from Creative Memories that they had many many moons ago.  LOL  I'm not even sure if its still available or if the company still is in business.  I haven't heard about them for years now.  Anyway I had cut the green and the stripe at the same time for perfect layering.
This one is a Z-fold Flap card.  Simply put you make a Z-fold card...the base on mine is 4.25 x 11 and scored at 2.75 and 5.5.  The the flap (Gold) is 7.5 x 3.75 scored at 3.75.  When you close the card the left side closes first and the right flaps over it.  Maybe I should have taken a picture.  Oh shoot....OK...wait a minute I'll go take one.
OK that's better....lol.  So since I need to make 8 Easter cards this may be the route I take.  Simple simple simple.  Now to just get at them.

Thanks for stopping by and ...........................................

HAPPY CARDING!





















5 comments:

  1. Could it possibly be Easter without Peeps? I don't think so!!! Such fun Easter designs, Susan!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh my goodness... how cute is this?!?!?!? Susan, your fancy folds, fun curves, eggs, and such. Fun!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I just love the Peeps die- love the awesome curved die. And your second card is awesome too. Hope the kids save your fab cards!!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. So very cute!! Love the bunnnies and what a great fold!
    Ellie
    "Ellibelle's Creative Moments"

    ReplyDelete
  5. Oh girl, I don't know what season it is - it's still summer! LOL! Love your cutie bunny card - so festive and fun! You always make the most creative things! Hugs! xo

    ReplyDelete