TIPS AND TECHNIQUES

Wednesday, July 16, 2014

BABY GIRL

As I sit here waiting for my new grand niece to be born, I thought I'd share a super simple card with you.  My nephews wife has been in labor now for over 19 hours with the petosin drip to help speed things up.  Unfortunately that little baby just doesn't want to come out and the doctors are a bit worried that "Mommy" may become preclampsia. (the later part of her pregnancy has not been easy)  We are all praying that a "C" section will not be needed and that things speed up a bit soon.
I wanted to send a little welcome card to the new baby but since I'm leaving tomorrow I wanted to make it now so that I could limit some (just some) of the supplies I'm hauling up with me.
The finished card is a basic 4.25 x 5.5  I used the recollections 110 lb card stock from Michaels for the base and a sheet of designer paper by Jennifer Ellroy Called Emma's garden.  It was in a small booklet that was a supplement to the UK magazine Cardmaking and Papercraft.  Love Love Love this magazine!!  Full of inspiration and I love the freebies that come with each magazine.  If you haven't seen this magazine check it out.  You can usually find it a Joann's.  Most newsstands do not carry it :(  For the flowers and paper ribbon down the center I used a thinner card stock (most of my Punch's won't go through the 110lb stuff LOL)  Put a little pink bling in the flower centers and used a gel pen to make hash marks around the label.  All in all I think it took me about 3 minutes.  It takes me longer to type this hahaha!
Well going to go check again on that baby girl...hope  she's on her way!!

HAPPY CARDING!






No comments:

Post a Comment