TIPS AND TECHNIQUES

Saturday, August 2, 2014

CHRISTMAS IN JULY

Ok so technically it's August, but in my defense I have been at my cabin with no Internet service.   I just recently got home and it's just a few days into August.  Plus I actually made these cards last week and it was still July then.  I know...excuses, excuses!  Hahaha.  Anyway again with my limited supplies (and colors) I was still able to put together a couple of Christmas cards.  This time I really wanted to use this dark navy color and this wonderful cabin stamp I found on ebay.  It kind of reminds me of what our cabin looked like back in the 60's when it first came into our family.  Ours has since had the front porch enclosed and the whole thing has been cedar sided.  The logs were more than 140 yrs old and getting beaten up by the winds from the lake so we needed to help save the logs.  So I found this stamp, it brought back memories and I wanted to make some Christmas cards using it.  I wanted to keep everything real simple.  I think they call that a " K.I.S.S. " card. "KEEP IT SIMPLE STAMPER."  So knowing how few supplies I had, I knew that would be an easy thing to accomplish.

I used a navy blue color for the base and a piece of Whisper white that I embossed with a swirl frame embossing folder.  I then stamped with stayz on ink pad in midnight blue.  I love the simple look.
The next 2 I just played with the navy cardstock and a border punch by Martha Stewart.  Used an edge embossing folder for the centers and added a few snow flakes.  Again super easy!  
These would all be real easy to mass produce and take very little time to do.  Go ahead....give it a try.  K.I.S.S. Cards can be super fun to make!

HAPPY CARDING!!!!!












 

No comments:

Post a Comment