TIPS AND TECHNIQUES

Saturday, April 22, 2017

FRIENDSHIP SHUTTER CARD

Hello.....what a bright sunny day we have here today.  I have lots to do but first thought I'd put out a quick post.  I got together with a friend of mine Cindy.  We did a whole lot of gabbing, eBay searching and drinking Ice Coffee (YUMMY)😄😄 I had brought some stuff to try a variation on the Shutter fold card.  I sooooo thought this was going to be a quick little card and boy was I wrong..lol.  First of all I did not bring any embellishments.  I just figured we'd make our own.  I didn't bring any stamps so we sorted though hers trying to find what we liked.  Forgot about ribbon so we needed to decide on that too.  Then there was the Designer papers............though I brought 5 sheets of coordinating papers by the time I cut all the squares it was all to Matchy Matchy for the both of us so into her bins we went to find something that would pop.  Our popping color ended up being a sea green and we found ribbon that was pretty close to that color too.  Now of course I can't remember the color ink we used but it was a maroony color (is that a word??😕😕) which blended with the maroon print paper we used.

Ok enough suspense here's the card .....and....basic instructions.

Base is 8x6 scored at 2, 4, 6, on 8" side.  Turn so 6" side is at top of the cutter.  Go across 2" and down 1" and cut from 1" mark to 7" mark.  Flip and repeat on other side.  Fold as in picture.   Cut (10) DSP squares 1 7/8 x 1 7/8 and (4) DSP rectangles 7/8 x 1 7/8.

For front and back cut (2) DSP 2.25 x 6.25   (1) 14" piece ribbon
When attaching front and back only glue top and bottom leaving center open for ribbon to slide.  

The doily was a new die I bought by Prima Dies on Amazon (my favorite shopping place heehee)  Butterfly was a Martha Stewart punch.  The F tag in panel next to butterfly was a Sizzix Alpha Bar set called Doodle tag (retired)

So that's it!!!!  Cute though when closed this card is only about 2.25 x 6.25.  Both Cindy and I thought a bit bigger would be nice too so I'm going to work on that and post that later.

We had a great time last night but my husband said he wasn't sure if I could have another play date with Cindy since I did not come home until 1am!!  LOL  That's even later than when 5 of us are together heehee.  Well that just proves that we didn't bore each other!😉😉😉

Til Next Time..........................

HAPPY CARDING!!!

1 comment:

  1. What an awesome beauty, Susan! I love these gorgeous colors and the wonderful way you have pieced the doily throughout this fabulous design!! Exquisite work!

    ReplyDelete