TIPS AND TECHNIQUES

Sunday, April 30, 2017

SHUTTER FLIP CARD

I don't know about you but I get tired of the same cards.  I like to "JAZZ" things up a bit.  So here is a variation of another shutter card but this time there is a flip open panel in the front for your sentiment.  I'm once again using the same papers I had used on the Friendship shutter card earlier mainly because there are still scraps left from these sheets.  I don't think 4 12 x 12 sheets have gone further LOL.  I still have left overs.  Here are some instructions if your interested.

6x6    Shutter Book Card

1 piece 6x10 heavy cardstock
1 piece 4 x 4 3/8"  same color card stock

With 10" at top of score board score at  2, 4, 6, 8

With 6" at top of paper trimmer line one side at the 2" mark and cut from 1st score line to 3rd score line.  Slide paper to the 4" mark and cut from the 2nd score line to the last score line 
With the 4 x 4 3/8 piece… with 4 3/8 at top score at 3/8 and fold to make a 4x4 square.  This will be attached to the bottom of your main piece to the left to create a right to left opening flap.


DSP of choice sizes below:
(4)  1.75 x 1.75 pattern A
(3)   1.75 x 1.75 pattern B
(3) 3.75 x 3.75 Pattern B
(1) 3.75 x 3.75 pattern A
(2)  3x3 labels in solid

Decorate as desired.












I might make mine a mothers day card for my Godmother.  It's a cute style and I'm going to for sure use it again but I'd like to try a more manly card.   Hmmmm....maybe something to do with golf!

Til next time................................

HAPPY CARDING

3 comments:

  1. I love your card- and how you are stretching out that DP and using it up!!! The frilly doily accents sure are pretty! I look forward to seeing your golfing card!!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. How awesome is this!! I love the stairstep look of this amazing fold, Susan! Another remarkable creation from your talented hands!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Oh so wonderful Susan! You are So inspiring with all your masterful folded cards! :)

    ReplyDelete