TIPS AND TECHNIQUES

Wednesday, July 19, 2017

Birthday Cooking!

Well I can't believe what I can accomplish when no body disturbs me!  Got the Birthday card I needed done!!!  This one is for a friend who loves to cook and is a Vegetarian so fresh veggies are always in her kitchen.  I saw this Graphic 45 paper collection called Home Sweet Home and knew this was the paper to use for her card.  I'm using my Shutter Flip card as my base.  It is the same base I used for the post Golf Anyone where I used G45 Sports Collection and for the card Shutter Flip .   Directions are on the Shutter flip post.  Anyway this is such an easy card and I love being able to see how it looks in different papers.  As I said this time I used G45 Home Sweet Home.  Love the brightness of the colors in this collection.



There are very few embellishments on this card.  The pretty papers were nearly all you need.  I did use a paper doily which I cut up and added to certain areas for texture and I dimensionaled the stamps and apple.  In the corner of one doily I was able to utilize an old paper punch of utensils.  I added a little Glossy Accents for sheen.  Although it doesn't really show up in the pictures I also used a little stickles (clear) for sparkle.  Seriously......who doesn't like sparkle???
Wouldn't this make a cool base for a Christmas card??  Thin I'll try that too.

Well that's it................now to pack up my stuff and head north for a relaxing few days.

Til later............HAPPY CARDING!!!!!!!

















4 comments:

  1. Another collection I need to seek out! This is so awesome, Susan!! I love it!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Holy card fold, Susan!! How many different books and crannies does this have - wow! I saw this paper at Tuesday Morning - wasn't sure if you saw it but here you have it! Sensational!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Well, there you go again... I've said it before... you are AMAZING! Your ability to do those intricate folds/designs is like none other. I love seeing these on your blog!

    ReplyDelete
  4. That fancy fold is amazing! You're right...it is a great way to show off those pretty papers!

    ReplyDelete