TIPS AND TECHNIQUES

Tuesday, April 24, 2018

FANCY FOLDS BABY CARDS

Hello!   It has been awhile again and I have excuses as long as my arms!  LOL  I'll get right to the main reason these particular cards took awhile.  Its not the fault of the fancy folds.  As you all know I LOVE fancy folds and struggle with flat cards.  These were made for a dear friend.  I couldn't post them until they were well on there way in the mail because she checks in here.
  This time the struggle was which one to give her.  She is going to be a Grandma for the first time and that's so special.  I wanted to send her a super special card.  Made 2 and then could not decide.  So what does one do in that instance????  Mail both!
First one I wanted to do a easel card but after the layers were on I really liked it standing sideways instead.  I used one of my Anna Griffin dies that are oh so pretty.  Generally these dies are used as a top layer.  I used it as the entire card.  Making this Fancy yet simple.  

My lighting is a bit off.  I used a really pretty light pink shimmer paper for this card and it looks so nice in real life.  I will be making alot of these types of cards.  Just think how pretty the dies would look in Graphic 45 papers!  I believe I have at least 10 of these dies all different lacy looks!  I can't wait to make more.  I bet my next one will be Christmas!  

Next I did a Gate fold Shutter card.  Super cute too.

This one is also done in the shimmer paper.   Can you see why I had a hard time deciding?  I'm hoping she will be "Swooning" over these!  I always feel it's so hard to impress a fellow cardmaker!  lol

Til next time................................
HAPPY CARDING!

2 comments:

  1. These are awesome, Susan! She will most certainly be impressed and will press these into her baby book to treasure forever!!

    ReplyDelete