TIPS AND TECHNIQUES

Wednesday, October 1, 2014

Simply Christmas

Ahhhhh.....I think I'm really getting into the Christmas season and Halloween isn't even here yet!  Plus I still need to make 3 more Halloween Cards!  I think I'll work on those this weekend.  But for now it's another Christmas card and this one is sooooo darn simple!
  I used a stamp by Our Daily Bread called Christmas Tree Collage.  It's a cling stamp so very easy to position.

The card base is a basic 4.25" x 11" white cardstock 110# Recollection brand, scored at 5.5".  I then matted with a piece of cherry red cardstock 4 1/8" x 5 3/8".  Next was white card measuring 4" x 5 1/4" .  Centering the stamp so that there is a white border I stamped using color box black ink and then covered it with clear embossing powder.  The ornaments are colored in with a glitter gel pen.  Organza ribbon with a clear rhinestone finishes it off.  This card seriously only took like 8 minutes to make.  Imagine how many of these you could whip up in an afternoon!  As usual my inside is not stamped since I tend to like to write something personal to each person receiving my cards.  Well I know if I need just a few extra cards I'll be making these.  Maybe change up the mat color to blue or green and color ornaments to match or maybe stamp the image in red or green or gold and leave the ornaments clear with glossy accents.   Ohhhhh....another idea would be to stamp silver or gold on Red, Green or Black cardstock.  I bet that would look pretty elegant.  Maybe I'll try that this afternoon.
Hope you have a wonderful day........................

HAPPY CARDING!









No comments:

Post a Comment