TIPS AND TECHNIQUES

Tuesday, December 2, 2014

TOTALLY "NOT" A CARD

Just wanted to share this totally adorable gift idea I had the grandkids make for Christmas presents this year.   These plates are "ALL" over the Internet.  There must be at least a dozen different pinterest pages that have a bunch posted.  So we decided to try them ourselves.

The kids had so much fun.  My 3 year old grandson was the funniest.  As we were painting his foot he just says "It Gween Ha Ha".  He just giggled away.  My daughter-in-law and I couldn't help but laugh too!
Doing the feet wasn't as easy as we thought.....painted feet slip easily on glass plates! LOL But doing the lights around the plates was easy.  The kids used their fingertips to dot color lights all around.  The little one had a bit of help though.  We then showed my granddaughter how to connect the lights by drawing the string.  Top left photo showed we'd had to try and contain my grandsons enthusiasm!  LOL 







  We used glass paints from the craft section at Michael's and a glass paint marker to draw the string for the finger tip lites and for the writing.  These then had to cure for 4 days before heat setting in an oven at 325 degrees for 30 minutes.  The results beautiful and they are going to make perfect gifts!  This is just one of a couple upcoming crafts I'll be doing with the kids.

So for this post I will close with..........

HAPPY CRAFTING!!!!!!












No comments:

Post a Comment