TIPS AND TECHNIQUES

Sunday, February 1, 2015

Birthday Card Dilemma

Hello there!!!  While the winter storm continues to pound I have been in the craft room.  I had a dilemma the other day.  I got together with my card making group on Friday and it is one of the ladies birthdays this Wednesday.  Well I wanted to give her a card.  Problem was all on hand Birthday Cards I had were ones we made as a group so she had already seen all those cards!  I dug deep and found 1 lonely Birthday card that I made ages ago.  So today with the weather so crummy I figured it was a good day to try and get a few Birthday cards made to have on hand for my ladies group so that they receive something different from what we normally do.  Here's what I came up with.


Both cards are done in designer paper that I got at Archivers before they closed their stores   One the top card I used a House Mouse stamp that I bought on eBay.  We no longer have a stamp store near us as all the mom & pop stores have closed and Michael's, Hobby Lobby and Joann's have limited stamps.  Lucky for me I do have a stamp store near my summer home but she carries exclusively Northwoods or her own design so eBay is a great source for me.  The card is 6x5 and matted with a very pale pink and a med pink strip that I used a border punch on that is only there to add a little pizazz under the ribbon.  The other one is a tent card that is 5 x 5.5.  I used one of my homemade paper flowers on that one.  and a couple brads next to the Birthday wishes.  I think both came out rather well.  I'm taking a little break right now to watch my husband clear the driveway again of the snow.   Hope you are all staying warm and enjoy the Super Bowl.   Me???????  I think I'll go back to card creating!  I'm not really a football fan.  Til later..................................





HAPPY CARDING!

























No comments:

Post a Comment