TIPS AND TECHNIQUES

Monday, April 27, 2015

Accordion Fold Graduation Card.

Boy I think I'm on a roll with these Graduation cards!!  I believe I'm going to keep going until I run out of papers heehee!  So this time I wanted to use the Accordion Card fold.  I haven't done this in years so I think it's about time to bring it back.  I decided to stick with just black and white with just a little pop of red on the tassel.  This card uses 1 sheet of 8.5 x 11 heavy card for the base.  I used the 110 lb by Recollections from Michaels.  You will also need 1 sheet DSP of choice.  This is enough to just get the card made.  Extra scraps can be used for the embellishing.  I traced and cut 3 of the caps from regular card stock weight scraps and used dimensionals between each layer and then used my Gelly Roll pen in clear to outline the cap.  The Tassel was made with embroidery floss that I tied a knot into and slipped a brad through the loop.  Super simple.  
front
 Inside (from top)

You can add a few embellishes like I did with the star and the little confetti "Congrats"  When folded this card will fit into a standard size envelope as long as your embellishments do not exceed the sides of the card base.  I really like this one and might make another just to keep on hand.
Well I'm accumulating alot of black and white scraps here so I guess I'm off to make another Grad card.  After all it's all "Good to the last Scrap"!  Actually I think that quote is similar to a coffee commercial.   Hmmmmm.....coffee...think I'll have some.....................

HAPPY CARDING!!!

1 comment: